Did you know that insect-borne diseases account for more than 700,000 deaths annually? Or that Mosquitoes were ranked the deadliest creatures worldwide in 2018 by the annual number of human deaths! Moreover, in the last few years cases of critical mosquito borne illnesses and diseases such as Lyme disease, Chagas Disease, Zika, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, etc. have affected thousands of people.
These statistics should definitely raise the alarm and make us stop treating insects as just some inconsequential nuisance creators.
We can breathe easy though as Marshmellow Gear, an outdoor apparel brand comes to our rescue!
As protection from mosquitoes, ticks and other insects becomes essential, Marshmellow Gear endeavours to create the most stylish bug protection gear on the planet!They deal in a range of Hoodies, Joggers, Tees, Socks and Blanketscoated with a specially formulated anti-bug repellentdesigned to provide insect protection.
Marshmellow’s gears have undergone 4 and half years of the most detailed research, testing and styling before being launched into the wild. Moreover, it is also tested to World Health Organization guidelines and formulated to armed forces standards across the globe.
MARSHMELLOW GEAR’S PRODUCTS
Marshmellow Gear manufactures a range of products such as hoodies, t-shirts, joggers, socks & blankets that are odourless, derma safe, long lasting, tested under WHO guidelines & used by NATO.
- BUG REPELLENT HOODIES – Style meets safety in Marshmellow Gear’s unique bug repellent hoodies which are treated with Permethrin that lasts over 50 washes.
- BUG REPELLENT T-SHIRTS –Marshmellow Gear’s bug repellent t-shirts are 100% cotton that are DEET free and are tested under WHO guidelines for insect protection.
- BUG REPELLENT JOGGERS – Marshmellow Gear manufacture Permethrin treated joggers that are uniquely crafted for maximum stretch and comfort.
- BUG REPELLENT SOCKS – Marshmellow Gear’s Permethrin treated super-soft and odour free socks aim to keep individuals bug free!
- BUG REPELLENT BLANKETS –Marshmellow Gear’s bug repellent blankets are specially coated with insect protection that meets Armed Forces guidelines.
MARSHMELLOW GEAR’S TECHNOLOGY
Marshmellow Gear is specially treated with an insect protection formulation known as Permethrin, to prevent against insect bites and illnesses.
What is Permethrin?
Permethrin is a synthetic derivative from the chrysanthemum flower. Permethrin was discovered in 1973 and is a part of the World Health Organization’s list of ‘Essential Medicines’. Permethrin is a contact-based insect protection formulation with no odour, smoke or colour. It affects the nervous system of insects that come in contact with the product, incapacitating them before they bite.
Why is Permethrin so cool? Learn all its GEEKY stats below:
- WIDELY USED: Permethrin is widely used as it is recommended by W.H.O. as a public health insecticide. It is also the choice of armed forces around the world to insect proof their uniforms.
- HARD ON THE BUGS: Permethrin is hard on the insects as it paralyses and knocks them down by attacking their nervous system. Not willing to die, mosquitos, flies, and ticks, stay away from this insect protection agent thus safeguarding the health of humans and animals.
- GOOD FOR UP TO 50 WASHES: Even after being laundered many times, the Marshmellow Gear will not lose its functionality as the active componentis a synthetic pyrethroid, (a substance similar to the substance found in flowers like the chrysanthemum) combined with a unique binder system.
- NO. 1 CHOICE OF ARMED FORCES: Defence forces battle on the most unforgiving terrains where they encounter a wide variety of insects. This makes them vulnerable to a range of tropical diseases. Thereby, Permethrin based products have been used for over 20 years in insect proofing of combat uniforms and is one of the major applications of the Insect Proof apparel.
- PERFORMANCE: Permethrin is tested under the standards of the German Armed Forces. For instance, the ‘arm in cage’ shows how mosquitos stay away from clothing impregnated with Permethrin.
- DERMA SAFE – ÖKO-TEX STANDARD 100 APPROVED: Vast toxicological tests show that Marshmellow Gear apparel clothes are safe to wear. The finish is odourless and has no negative effect on the handle.
- USED BY NATO ARMED FORCES: The Marshmellow Gear concept is composed of various components to ensure performances as required in NATO-uniforms. These uniforms have to comply with the strong TL 8305-0331 norm and are used by soldiers deployed in malaria endemic regions.